Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread

The last Elderscrolls game that I would consider true RPG by my standards would be Morrowind, and New Vegas is miles ahead of FO3, you might want to give it a shot.

You're right there are bad and good titles from both side, but that doesn't neglect the differences between the two genres, namely the difference in linearity, character development and open-endedness that is extremely large between RPGs and JRPGs.

Except JRPG is an established genre and have been since the 1980's, and the absence of actuall RPG elements (I'm talking real RPG, P&P here, I'm a nerd) makes me question whether JRPGs are actual RPGs or Adventure games with numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I think JRPGs are great for what it is (just look at it's popularity, it's by no means bad objectively) I just don't like them and I don't think they are RPGs by the real meaning of the word RPG, it's to create your own role in a world that is given to you, not to be given a role, because that's a whole different thing. I'm not bashing JRPGs as a genre, I'm bashing it as RPG.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM by eliasfrost.)
02-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - by eliasfrost - 02-07-2013, 02:45 AM