Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Envy the Dead Developemt & Scripting Questions
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: [Help] Envy the Dead Developemt & Scripting Questions

Sounds like it...
I've been experimenting for a little while and it seems like without putting the Update Rate to anything over 0, it won't collide. But putting it as anything BUT 0, my framerate fluctuates every second or so based on how high the Update Rate is. I have the Update Rate at 1 and it will fluctuate from 60, to 59 FPS. If I set it to 60 like I did before, it fluctuates from 60 to 30 FPS. Higher than 60 Update Rate and well... I got it down to around 11 FPS. |D

It's close to working. Something, like you said, just seems to be broken about it. Not sure this is going to work. D:
~~~
Also, the Particles, like the rain, work by world coordinates. Right now, the rain particles are set to spawn within a range of -30units min X and Z to 30units max X and Z, making a large "box" that the particles spawn in. So you can place the particle system in the level editor and move it to 0, 0, 0, then take a model and place it down. Move it along X and Z -30 to 30 and make a box out of it and it'll fit perfectly inside. The rain particle is actually much larger than I thought it was. You can resize it in the Start tab in "Box Start". Note that even if you resize it, there will be 5000 particles. If you make it smaller, be sure to make less particles! =P

So based on the 30x30 size of the particle system, it'd be best to place the rain systems with a 60 unit spread in a grid-fashion so there are no openings or overlaps.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 05:44 AM by Statyk.)
03-27-2013, 05:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Help] Envy the Dead Developemt & Scripting Questions - by Statyk - 03-27-2013, 05:36 AM