Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this, having some trouble
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: New to this, having some trouble

The door I'm using is the regular metal door (Metal.ent) with the castlebase door frame (door_frame.dae) and the doorway wall from the castlebase (doorway.dae) and I keep 0.25 snap to grid on at all times unless I'm lining up a torch or something.

I had a thought, is there any way to make it so that my door won't "collide" with the door frame, without effecting their collisions of the player or other entities? Then as far as the door is concerned there is no doorframe and it can swing all it wants. I know the door itself has a "collide" checkbox but that effects everything colliding with it.

Alternatively maybe I can import the door frame into the model editor and create a new body that's a bit smaller than the door frame to give the door more leeway while still colliding with the player and objects.

For the spotlight, setting it to 0,0,0 worked fine but is there a script to change it back once the player gets to the point where it's supposed to appear? Something like this: (I know the script probably has a lot of errors but since I don't know if a script like this exists I'm just throwing together what I think it might look like)

PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnStart() 

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player""SpotlightArea""TurnOnSpotlight"true1);     

void TurnOnSpotlight(string &in asParentstring &in asChildint alState)
{

SetLightColor("Light1"0.7 0.7 0.55True);

As I said, I know nothing about the actual inner workings of scripts (yet, I'm trying to learn) I've just been able to jury-rig my scripts by copying sample scripts from tutorials and figuring out which bits to change to suit what I'm trying to do.

For the slide, I was thinking and I think I'll leave it as is and put a few wooden beams "collapsed" diagonally along the way and turn their collide off so the player goes through them and thinks they're hitting his head. Will take time to get the timing of the damage right but if I manage it'll probably look cool.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
02-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 02-27-2013, 08:19 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 03-02-2013, 10:05 AM