Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this, having some trouble
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: New to this, having some trouble

New day, new problem. Well, this one isn't that major. I'm just trying to figure out how to make a rope. I already have the ladder area in position and the sound set to "rope" but I dunno how to make the actual rope. I found the "rope" area but don't understand it. Every tutorial I find seems to be geared towards people wanting movable ropes that attach to stuff. I don't want my rope to move, just hang there and let the player climb up it.

I feel bad constantly asking for help, but the improvements I've made on my skill level with this editor in only 2 weeks is making me happy. Going into this I knew literally nothing about coding, scripts, or anything else. Earlier tonight I typed from scratch a 10 line piece of code to make a few things happen, sure it'd give me an error and I'd have to find a tutorial on what I was trying to do. When the code actually worked I almost cried.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't know I had to actually attach the ends to an object in the game. I used those invisible boxes and now my rope is there all being ropey Smile

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM by DeAngelo.)
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 03-02-2013, 10:05 AM