Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

I'm 17, picked up the game when it came out in 2010, I was 14 back then when I played through it.

There are few true western horror games out there, and even less that are good. Amnesia: The Dark Descent was one of the only horror games that really caught my soul. I love everything about it, the setting, the story, the music, sound effects and the horror. I sat in front of the screen for 10 hours straight just so immersed, feeling the thrills from the horror and the need to know what the hell was happening kept me going through the story.

I like to say horror is a bit like nightmarish sex and made up of two factors.

1. Atmosphere - The theme and atmosphere gives you a creepy and unsettling feeling that puts you in this state where you're completely immersed and you're expecting something to happen. Just like the pleasure you get from sex this is what keeps you going.
2. Suspense - The stuff that gets your adrenaline pumping and your head beating with terror. Wether it's a jump scare or a chase scene, it's the peak of the hellish orgasm.

It's incredibly useful to talk about it that way because you can't have continious suspense, jump scares after jump scares.

There are few games that manage this really well. For example Silent Hill has a great atmosphere but in my opinion not enough suspense. A lot of action games such as FEAR or Doom don't have the atmosphere but a lot of suspense, and without the atmosphere building or backing it up the suspense isn't as great. Amnesia did both perfectly.
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by jiersk - 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by GiggleBlizzard - 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM