Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Good is Good Enough?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: How Good is Good Enough?

I guess what you're talking about isn't what a good map is, but what a good game is.

It's easy to make rooms in the level editor, but does it feel like a house?

Yes, were walking in tunnels, but are we really underground?

You shouldn't go with "Good enough". You create something, and then you improve it.
Good enough, sounds like you made something, screwed a little around and thought: "Meh, it's good enough..."

Creating something amazing is not something you do everytime. But that doesn't mean you should drop it, if it isn't perfect. Release it anyway. You are learning by doing. Improving skills and ideas all the time.

Also right now is the time to develope your experience. Being in a company like FG you can't just start create a game, and then drop it halfway. You have to make money somehow, and therefore they must make something great.

You have to learn what it is first.

Kman used the word "Unique".
It kind of describes what were looking for. Were looking for something we haven't seen before.
Everything I could be naming wouldn't help you, since i've already seen it, and others probably have too.

Imagination is the best!

Extra note: Sometimes It's not the maps but the experience that counts

Lol i'm actually learning something myself just by writing this. Because i too feel like you do sometimes. Is my work good enough?

Yes, yes it is. It is for you! Maybe it's not to Kman, but it will one day, when you create something cool

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 10:13 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How Good is Good Enough? - by BonesTheRabbit - 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: How Good is Good Enough? - by palistov - 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: How Good is Good Enough? - by JonnyAnomaly - 04-21-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: How Good is Good Enough? - by FlawlessHappiness - 04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: How Good is Good Enough? - by TheGreatCthulhu - 04-22-2013, 02:24 AM