Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Setting up the elevator machine
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Setting up the elevator machine

(05-08-2013, 12:31 PM)serbusfish Wrote: I'm not sure which areas of that script im supposed to be editing? I take I need to put the names of my cog pieces in there somewhere?

Sorry if im sounding stupid but as it stands im not understanding what each piece of the script is doing, the reason I dont have a problem with making collide callbacks, item pickup commands, etc is that I learnt what each does and how it works, at the moment I just dont 'get' how VarInt' commands work Sad

On the plus side all 3 of my cogs slide onto the correct area and stay there. I guess when the lever is pulled i'll need to de-activate them and active the mounted versions?

Ah, sorry. I should be more specific.

When you click on a sticky area in the level editor, 2 tabs will appear to the right of the viewing screen called General and Area. General sets the properties for its size, rotation, and name. The Area tab sets more specific things like the item that attaches to it, the function called on attach, the noise that's played on attach etc etc.

The SetLocalVarInt function declares an integer variable that can be used throughout the script it's declared in. In the Mount_Cog function, it's incremented each time a cog attaches. We'll need it for the lever function!

If the cogs mounting and the debug messages are showing, then everything is working! =) As far as making them spin goes, I'm not entirely sure. You may not have to replace them. Try using RotatePropToSpeed on the already mounted cogs.

Also, I recommend you visit the HPL2 function wiki. It provides more in-depth information on each function.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013, 02:47 PM by Tomato Cat.)
05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Setting up the elevator machine - by serbusfish - 05-07-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Setting up the elevator machine - by Rapture - 05-07-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Setting up the elevator machine - by Tomato Cat - 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM