Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

Considering the text that is so minor issue that it is weird how anyone could take that seriously, as any other issue that could in theory be fixed by a 30 min done update. There are far more worse immersion killers than this one, you only just need to stop thinking about it, and the problem is solved. In my opinion, this segment didn't improve Penumbra just as it didn't made Amnesia worst because the thing in itself is very simple. Let's be honest, even Phillip in Penumbra never shared any deep thoughts about anything.

Considering the puzzles, yes it is true there are much more frequent and complex than in Amnesia, but that doesn't mean it is a good thing. Puzzles are much too often too superficial and artificial that they don't feel like a integrated part of the game world. For instance, you play a game with a very deep story, and you are completely entangled within it, and then you stumble upon a very obvious puzzle section and the immersion is abruptly stopped. That is my reason why I think it is a good thing there are less puzzles in Amnesia, and I hope that the same thing will continue in AAMPF. That doesn't mean I am against mental challenge in a game, but the puzzle mechanics need to be completely redone.

And by what you mean ''forced horror'' in Amnesia? Few doors suddenly opened by a wind? flash-backs? What is wrong with that?
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Zgroktar - 08-30-2013, 04:39 PM