Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent?
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent?

As long as AMFP was made mostly by Chinese Room and approved by Frictional I presume AMFP could be truly a lot more frightening. At least frightening in a very different way. I think, I presume AMFP storyline and scares will be a lot more chained together. The story and characters will be deeper and deeper will be connection in between game protagonist and a player. As a result immersion level will be a lot higher. Finally, with drastically increased immersion level the whole walkthrough will be a lot scarier. It would be harder to calm yourself down by thinking: "It's just a game. It's not real." Well, that's only my presumptions, but... hmm... But as long as Chinese Room already minimized standard game attributes I presume they've been focused on increasing not the scares mechanics but on increasing immersion level. There's no inventory, no need to collect things in order to combine them in the inventory, no need to think about lantern refueling, no need to think about sanity and of how long you may stay in the darkness, etc. Those changes are surely an attempt to minimize a sense of playing a game and contrary increase a sense you're living, experiencing something real. The less there will be left from the usual gaming the more everything is perceived as a real personal life experience. Anyway, once again, that's only my presumptions.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 01:49 PM by Alex Ros.)
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent? - by Alex Ros - 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM