Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PHOBIA - Tales of Terror (Horror Web Series)
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series

(10-20-2013, 10:58 PM)Bridge Wrote: Didn't really like it that much (I've only seen episode 5). Poor cinematography and music in my opinion, hammy acting, extremely minimalistic narrative (almost nonexistent), etc. I guess the editing is good though (I'm not really a good judge of that but there was nothing about it I had any problem with) and the lighting is decent (with a more clearly defined and solid style of cinematography it would look great). By far my biggest gripe at the moment though is that there is no narrative structure whatsoever. These short sketches are beyond pointless if there isn't at least some substance, even if there is no overarching storyline. I'll probably be watching these as they come out. Best of luck with this series.
I thank you for the opinions and thoughts, they do help. To say something about the series being non narrative in structure, one episode not involving the next, we took this idea from series such as The Twilight Zone and Goosebumps/Are You Afraid of the Dark. Those were made to tell individual stories, as we make these to tell individual creepy stories made for the web (as in, under 10 minutes). It's a taste that one has to already enjoy or acquire. Each one is made to induct some type of fear or oddness into the minds of the watchers. That is also why I suggest watching it at night, alone, with headphones, and the lights off. Amnesia style of playing I suppose. Again, thank you for the comments and for the best of luck, it's very much appreciated.

And with that, and the weekend of Halloween, here is our Halloween special, twice as long as the previous episodes and (in our own thoughts) a higher production value.

Enjoy, and comments/criticism is much appreciated.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
11-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by Statyk - 09-07-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by J.R.S.S. - 09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by J.R.S.S. - 10-20-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by Bridge - 10-20-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by J.R.S.S. - 11-01-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by Bridge - 11-01-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: PHOBIA - Web Series - by HorrorElementFilms - 11-02-2013, 03:41 AM