The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Named by TotalBiscut as his favorite game of all time
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Named by TotalBiscut as his favorite game of all time

I feel that I absolutely have to share this game with you all. I just came back from watching the above "WTF is..." video on Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons by TotalBiscut. He has made it abundantly clear that it is is favorite game of all time without a doubt in his 25 year gaming experience, surpassing every other game he has ever played delivering a unprecedented experience upon him. I trust his judgment very much so naturally this says quite a lot.

The game is a short puzzle game with a very unique mechanic which I feel is best described as "single player co-op". You will control two brothers both by yourself, and through so advance through the game.

What caught my mind most was that TotalBiscut says this is actually a extreme definition of where he feels games should be going, but are currently for the most part not: Story, and mechanics should not be separate entities. Best case scenario is that they combine completely, and you play the story, you LIVE the story.

It is through this that he declares why Brothers is so successful in its delivery. The story is touching, but not through the conventional way of cut-scenes, and voice acting. You live it which makes it all the more effective. TotalBiscut calls it even a more powerful tale than Journey by a long shot.

All in all seeing this video has convinced me that I definitely should go see what this game has to offer!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Named by TotalBiscut as his favorite game of all time - by Kreekakon - 09-09-2013, 04:39 PM