Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism

I can see where a lot of people would dislike or even hate this game. It is, essentially, A Chinese Room game in the skin of a Frictional one. I will agree that the trailers DID pain a totally different picture. Even the later teasers and interview comments suggested it being a scary ass game. Although I do remember there being mentions of it being more story oriented, it certainly didn't suggest it being to such a degree as it truly was.

I was actually disappointed with the game at first, no lie. I didn't like having no inventory and that almost all the objects couldn't be moved (which also made the puzzles insanely easy. If you can move an object, then it's obviously important). Once the story got into full swing, however, I was blown away by its depth and the sheer brilliance of the prose in the notes. I love this game intensely. I want to stand on a mountain and scream how much I adore this game. XD But I know that there are people who would not find the game interesting, and that's ok! I can totally see why, especially considering the context revealed to us pre-release... I haven't seen anything on the company's reaction to criticism, though. There ARE a lot of people being outlandishly vile with their "reviews" on the game, however. >_> And, really, fuck those guys. Just because you don't like a thing doesn't mean you can be a total asshole about it. TCR put a fuck-ton of effort into this game and it shows. The game is a beautiful work of art. If you don't find the style to be your cup of tea, fine. You can even say so. Just... don't be a dick about it.

Hey OP. Do you by chance have a source link to where TCR says these things? I'd appreciate the context! VwV
09-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism - by Lazoriss - 09-21-2013, 07:37 AM