Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(09-25-2013, 04:02 AM)Fortigurn Wrote: That ignores the detailed comments people have made. The most common objections are not that the game 'wasn't a clone of the first game'.

The details of those comments essentially boil down to 'this thing from Amnesia 1 wasn't in Amnesia 2', so yeah. :p

Quote:I
No, if it were up to the fans the player would be more involved in the game, would have their hand held a lot less, and would be able to interact more with the environment.

I wish you were right, because that's something I want too. Unfortunately, one thing I'm seeing a lot is that people are whining that the story has nothing to do with the original (because they were on auto-pilot) or that elements that Frictional themselves had second thoughts about (voice-overs in notes, insanity mechanic) were not included.

I wonder what would happen if it wasn't made public that TCR was behind A Machine For Pigs. I personally thought that Dear Esther was boring and not worth the 10 dollars I wasted on it, but AMFP was actually a great synthesis of horror and narrative. Unfortunately, a lot of people throw accusations at AMFP being a 'walking simulator', an accusation that doesn't actually make much sense.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 04:19 AM by Alardem.)
09-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Alardem - 09-25-2013, 04:13 AM