Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

Quote:We knew full well that a decent chunk of the audience came to Amnesia because of the Let's Play culture of jump scares and recording yourself shitting on your desk chair, and the chances were that a significant number of them wouldn't have the slightest interest in the story or reading the notes, and as a result would probably hate the game.

What a condescending hypocrite. Compare that to his earlier, pre-release statements:

Quote:Pinchbeck: It has to be absolutely, bone-shatteringly, terrifying. That was the key thing, Thomas said “If we don’t get as many Youtube videos of people spazzing out, then we haven’t done our job.”

Quote:"If we don't get as many cool YouTube videos of people having fits, then I'll be disappointed," Pinchbeck jokes.

He's all "pally" with those intellectually bereft YouTubers before release, then complains that they didn't try hard enough to enjoy the game properly after release. I'm sure if the Let's Players and game critics gave the game 9/10 across the board he wouldn't be telling them "actually your glowing reviews don't count because I don't think you paid sufficient attention to the story".
10-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Paddy™ - 10-09-2013, 10:32 PM