Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-10-2013, 07:39 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: You just don't get it. AMFP is 2deep5u, go back to youtube.

I'm guessing this is a joke (and ha ha, yes sir right away sir) but I do want to make something clear since I always see this argument from people that actually mean it:

I got the story. How can you NOT get the story. It's called "Machine for Pigs" for God's sakes and the pig metaphors/analogies are crammed down your throat throughout the entire game just in case it went over your head somehow. Even the more surreal points which I wasn't sure I got 100% correct during my playthrough I looked up to get a better understanding and even then I felt the story became more idiotic at the revelations. While the subject AMFP tries to go for can become a 'deep' topic, its a story that's been told many times before, but it's the way it's presented that it comes off as completely shallow. At least for me, I dunno some people eat this stuff up. I mentioned before I'm majoring in art at my art college and if you know the stereotype for (student)artists/think TCR's reaction was bad imagine getting that around you 24/7. You get use to this sort of fake profoundness and can start seeing the bull-shit behind it.

Also I apologize for my walls o'text, I just have so many feelings, boo hoo! I'm glad I'm not alone on this side of the fence Blush I understand being intimidated or just not having the energy to fight for this side though, I get that plenty of times when I see the large quantity of people who are more aggressively fond towards this game. I'd love to hear more about the dislike on story though since I see so many people praise it.

(10-10-2013, 09:29 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: The Daniel avatar fit LuckyBlackCat's post perfectly.

Ha ha ha! Paint a story, cut the pretentiousness! Paint a story, cut the pretentiousness!!!
(I actually drew that a long time ago, I'm happy to hear it caused some amusement!)
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 11:12 PM by LuckyBlackCatXIII.)
10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by LuckyBlackCatXIII - 10-10-2013, 10:37 PM