Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

While we clearly have very differing views/feelings towards the Amnesia games it's funny that you mention the notes and feeling divided about it because it reminded me of something. AMFP had a fuck ton of notes and that really took me out of the game.

I can understand how people might not have enjoyed the notes/journal entries but for me I actually really enjoyed reading them in ADD. Mainly because I loved the characters, I liked hearing their voices and getting the story's background information in a scattered, bread crumb sort of way. They were placed evenly enough between the action parts of the game to allow some breathing time, setting up an atmosphere or occasionally giving tips on what to do next.

In AMFP the amount of notes, more so journal entries, is just overwhelming that it really disrupts a lot of the atmosphere that's trying to be formed. I know TCR/Oswald must really love to see their own writing style but good God how many times did that man write to himself? I remember at points a new entry would pop up, I'd read it, take a step forward and damn it, there was a new one! It was just ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM by LuckyBlackCatXIII.)
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by LuckyBlackCatXIII - 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM