Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

@Cuyir
I think you're misinterpreting these last few posts. People don't mind "story". Quite the contrary, they love it, but it was the way it was told that people didn't like. Or me, at least, I didn't like it.
Most notes in AMFP were repeating the same thing, but were just worded differently. I got tired of pausing the game constantly to read them, yet at the same time I was afraid to miss an important plot point. Now, looking back at it, I realize that I wouldn't have missed a lot if I had skipped half of them.
I understand they were supposed to be Oswald's personal thoughts on the situation, hence they were so frequent, but making the player stop every 30 seconds to read flavor text? Really? Maybe if they were narrated, maybe then it would have worked better. Like him thinking out loud.
10-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Mechavomit - 10-12-2013, 05:39 PM