Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-19-2013, 06:11 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: Probably one of those arthouse gamers who fervently support indie companies because they're s0d33p.

Yeah. It's especially infuriating because the stuff he's praised amfp for is made up bullshit. "the sequel departs from the idea of jump scares and shock, and goes for a nihilistic, languishing, pervasive horror, the sort that stains your memory and has you lie awake at night, long after the game has been turned off. It's really a matter of how the developers interpreted the genre."
This upsets me. I don't think he understands that horror wasn't even the main focus in this game, he thinks that somehow this game is just a different kind of horror, one that's more psychological and has no jumpscares like the original! This is just so wrong, I don't even think I have to explain why. But it hurts me. Is he confused? Is he trying to describe the dark descent? I don't know, but I should probably stop paying attention to this, it's too painful.

Even totalbiscuit got upset about this interview, he never said anything like Dear esther is destroying the games industry. https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/...3358907393

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 09:38 PM by Damascus Rose.)
10-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Damascus Rose - 10-19-2013, 09:27 PM