Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Water looks different in-game than in-editor?
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Water looks different in-game than in-editor?

Quote:Water looks different in-game than in-editor?
Well, I suppose that thread is not about something I am going to ask about. But at least this thread is actually water questions oriented, so here's my question. Is it possible to make underwater areas? As I presume it is in fact possible. For example, I can make a certain box light area and a fog area to imitate underwater atmosphere. Also for sure I can make some water bubbles particles. But! What to do with the protagonist-player swimming imitation? That's the only thing that confuses be quite a bit. I presume it's possible to make a specific First-Person-View animations with both hands visible, just like when a player climbs ladder and both hands are visible. But that's the question is that really possible to add such animations set to a player? Or they are locked somehow? And another thing is a underwater speed of movement and possibility of drowning. I presume it's hard but possible to script that with timers (drowning). So as I imagine it to myself ALL I've mentioned is possible to make. Am I right or wrong?

As for water screenshots I also prefer how it looks ingame. But I also like that at the Level Editor the parts of stones which are underwater are visible, while in game there's only reflections.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM by Alex Ros.)
09-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Water looks different in-game than in-editor? - by Alex Ros - 09-24-2013, 08:00 PM