Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zero Punctuation: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
zico Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Zero Punctuation: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

@padme:
I agree. Actually TDD had a very nice concept of giving you basically NOTHING to do "right". Fight monsters? Nope. So hide in the dark? Probably but that's also not good. Go around them? Yeah but don't look while evading - that's bad, too.

However that was good for TDD. AMFP I feel had a totally different focus. I feel everyone is just looking at the monsters. Moners here. Monsters there. Monsters too weak, monsters not scary, monsters not dangerous.

First: That also goes for TDD. If you wish you can get killed by every monster and basically KILL them by despawn. What's dangerous about that? But don't get me wrong: I was still scared. And in both games.

And second - and even more important: AMFP is MUCH less about the monsters than TDD. And that I consider a very good thing. It's not the main focus of this game. So frankly I don't get what all the fuss is about.

EDIT:
I must say for all the changes I DO appreciate AMFP. It established itself as a totally independent entity. Not just "more of the same" - another AddOn, another Custom Story. It doesn't try to catch up with TDD, "do better", making it's predecessor obsolete. It's just it's own thing with a different approach. The way I see it at least. I rather have two different games. Period.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 02:05 AM by zico.)
09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zero Punctuation: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs - by zico - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM