Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I love Penumbras Music, specially the "enemy tension" ones
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21
I love Penumbras Music, specially the "enemy tension" ones

Penumbras musics are really awesome and they fit in the environment so good.

Im talking about Black Plague mainly. I loved that kinda "techno-heart beat" when you are in a area that the infected is around. That always made my tension go up. Them when you are spotted the "RUN like hell" music starts, ans also is very good. In Overture, i think these 2 musics were inferior to Black PLague and did less effect, but they are good to.
09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: I love Penumbras Music, specially the "enemy tension" ones

Agree 200%

The Penumbra musics are just great. Especially in the Overture. The musics just fit perfectly to all the penumbra games. I like that horror styleBig Grin
09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

I grabbed some of penumbras music and put it on my ipods.
First time I've ever done that with a game Smile

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

indeed. I wonder who created these (Fric of course), im to lazy to see on the credits Tongue
What software they used?

The music got an huge impact on my gameplay. When that "techno-Beat" started i was "Oh boy...theres someone around...better go this way..." and BAM they are in my face hehe
09-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I was quite impressed with the music overall. playing that sort of music, the ambient style in the dark, can be a little scary.
09-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Actually, Mikko Tarmia created Overture, Black Plague, and Requirem's music.
http://www.mikkotarmia.com/index.html

However, I believe the 2006 Tech Demo was made by frictional, or at least owned by them.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-14-2008, 03:43 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

The music is the one point in the Penumbra series that seemingly have received warmth everywhere. It's really well made, I for one really liked the music in Requiem.
Anyone knows if you can download the soundtrack for the three somewhere, or how to extract it from the game files?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
09-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Kedjane Wrote:The music is the one point in the Penumbra series that seemingly have received warmth everywhere. It's really well made, I for one really liked the music in Requiem.
Anyone knows if you can download the soundtrack for the three somewhere, or how to extract it from the game files?

you can play them. They are has ogg files on the black plague folder somewhere. Use winamp to listen

WindexGlow Wrote:Actually, Mikko Tarmia created Overture, Black Plague, and Requirem's music.

However, I believe the 2006 Tech Demo was made by frictional, or at least owned by them.

Oh thanks
So credits to him Smile

And he did the sound effects too or just the music? Cause i loved the [Image: 350-43137.jpg] sound or whatever its called Tongue
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM by noctislp.)
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Woah, I just listened through the entire main menu theme and ending theme of Requiem: they were fantastic! I've always started playing the Penumbra games pretty quickly and never heard the later parts of the themes. Great!

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

WindexGlow Wrote:Actually, Mikko Tarmia created Overture, Black Plague, and Requirem's music.

I took a look at my copy of the Tech Demo - it was composed by Mikko Tarmia as well. Anyway, if you listen carefully, you will be able to hear his musical signature, typical for the whole series. Some of the tracks even survived into Overture : Anyone else noticed, that the theme from the Tech Demo's main menu is exactly the same as the one, which plays during Overture's end credits ? :-)

Speaking about the Penumbra OSTs : I love the atmospheric ambient pieces (mainly the ones used for building up tension), but my most favorite songs are the moody main themes of Overture and Black Plague. I can keep listening to those two for hours. Both create a certain feel of helpless melancholy - but two distinct types of melancholy... The one in Overture mirrors sadness over loss (Phillip's loss of his parents and a reason to carry on an ordinary everyday life). The one in Black Plague represents angst, dissilusion (about humans in general) and a loss of... sanity and clear judgement... As Philip said at the end of Overture : "From that point on, the man who once stepped into the mine, was no more..."

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
09-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Find