Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast

(11-03-2013, 01:51 AM)Abraxas Wrote: lol 'a little' self conscious.

I hope I didn't make that sound like a negative thing, I think "self-aware" might have been a better choice of words! Smile

(11-03-2013, 03:36 AM)Acies Wrote:
  • Mapping/Custom Story discussion
I could join in on a discussion of this...

We'll hold you to that! Would you be willing to chat about it "on air" if we get up and running?

(11-03-2013, 04:01 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Besides, I consider myself a casual gamer, so I don't really have that much knowledge to discuss the topics Paddy listed in the original post in an interesting way for the audience.

The host doesn't necessarily need to know all of the info, they're usually briefed with talking points before the show starts and the guests do most of the talking. Everything else is largely scripted, or at least bullet-pointed. Do it do it!

I'm shyer than a wounded baby deer, so I'll be a behind-the-scenes guy haha.

I think we should brainstorm what each "feature" of the podcast will entail, then we can work on structuring the show and accumulating the requisite information for each part.

Spoiler below!
Opening the Show
  • Updates
    • The latest SOMA information, news about interviews/articles covering FG games and where to find them.
    • Information about any new patches, discounts, sales or recent technical support info for FG games.
    • Any news related to the podcast itself.

Custom Stories & Let's Plays
  • Completed or WIP CS discussion
    • A round-up of the latest or upcoming CSs, with info about their creators and where they can be found.
    • Cover well-respected CSs and their creators (White Night, The Great Work, etc.)
    • Interviews with the creators of finished/newly released CSs, talking about feedback they've received and what the process was like for them.
    • Regular interviews with CS veterans (like Traggey!) to get their insight into the process, maybe giving advice to beginners and the like.
  • Let's Play
    • A round-up of the latest let's plays, with info about their creators and where they can be found.
    • Interviews with Let's Players, covering everything from recording techniques to how to make money as a Let's Player to what they look for in a CS etc.
    • Speedrunning and its practitioners.

The Frictional Games Catalogue
  • Retrospective/Post-mortem (Games chosen chronologically?)
    • Discussing the selected game's development, history, reception, where to find it, etc.
    • Interviews with personnel involved with making the game, including writers, actors, artists, etc. Basically anyone we can convince to talk to us XD
    • Dissect the game's plot/story.
    • "Trivia" covering things which were cut from the final game, Easter Eggs, known glitches, etc.

Horror Games
  • Development and Philosophy
    • Talk about Thomas' blog posts, past and present, whatever they happen to say!
    • Interviews with horror game devs/critics, like FG themselves, Matt Gilgenbach, Chris Pruett, etc., or talk about what they've written/said elsewhere.
  • Current & Upcoming Games
    • Pretty self-explanatory! Include info about where to buy them, if there are pre-order bonuses/discounts, how well they've been received, etc.
    • Maybe discuss horror games through an FG lens. That is, talk about how games have changed and what FG contributed to that, how Resident Evil 1 might have turned out if it had been developed post-Amnesia, etc.

Just random ideas, feel free to tear them apart.
11-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea: Unofficial Frictional Games Podcast - by Paddy™ - 11-03-2013, 06:25 AM