Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Installing Requiem
JBoy77 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Installing Requiem

I bought Penumbra: Requiem of of direct2drive.com and when I go to install it I get a message saying I must have Penumbra: Black Plague EVEN THOUGH I DO! Please help!
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Installing Requiem

It seems like Direct2Drive requires the Direct2Drive version of Penumbra Black Plague. I would recommend contacting the Direct2Drive support and see if they can help in some way.
10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Find
JBoy77 Offline

Threads: 3

Thomas Wrote:It seems like Direct2Drive requires the Direct2Drive version of Penumbra Black Plague. I would recommend contacting the Direct2Drive support and see if they can help in some way.

I did. They said to contact Penumbra Black Plague support. And I can't get a refund.
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

This problem is specific to the Direct2Drive version so unfortunately you will have to contact them again and ask them to solve the problem or give you a refund.

The original version of Requiem that we created will work with any version of BP, but depending on how the publisher for BP released the game you might have to manually select the installation location instead of having the installer do it automatically for you.

There is no way to get the D2D Requiem installer to continue even if it says BP is not installed? So that you can manually select where to install Requiem? If possible you find the location where you installed Black Plague and install Requiem there. If done right you get the requiem.exe in the "installation location/redist" folder, in the same folder there should be a penumbra.exe. In this folder you should also find a expansion01 folder if the installation was successful.
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Website Find