Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

Wapez, I'm pretty sure Streetboat understands what you're trying to do. Those matches, which I'm sure you've put quite a bit of time in to creating and perfecting, will be completely useless because the game already has a mechanic for viewing small details (and trust me, they're not unnoticeable unless you have something where those details only show up when a match is being used). That mechanic's called night vision and it already works much better than those matches do.

I doubt many people are actually going to use those matches because they're utterly useless. No, that's not intended to offend, they're really just that bad right now. Their radius is smaller than that of night vision and, to make matters worse, they cause the player to stumble around in pitch black. I'm sure you wouldn't want the time taken to create the matches become a complete waste. Why not at least try doing what Streetboat suggested, take a look at it, if it seems like an abomination, then go back to your version.

There's no harm in taking other people's suggestions or admitting that someone might actually have a good idea. Saying "thanks, we'll consider, BUT you don't understand and I doubt you will until you play the mod" is going to lose quite a few people. Consider it like this: my mapping's total crap (solid white billboards, perfectly square room, no boxlight, no pointlights, just a desk with a lantern on it), so you suggest that perhaps I add some colour to the lighting, tone down the billboards, experiment with pointlights, and detail a little more. If I respond with "k thanks, I'll keep that in mind - but you don't understand the feelings I'm trying to make for this room and the lighting was intentional. Maybe you'll understand when you play my mod" you'd probably be fairly disgruntled, maybe you'd think that I'm completely clueless, that you'll never try giving me feedback again because I'm blind to criticism, or my mod's not going to be anywhere near as good as it could have been if I'd just listen once in a while. Either way, I'd bet you won't feel positive about my mod and you certainly wouldn't play it (unless you're just looking to send a wall of critique at someone).

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 10:25 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by CarnivorousJelly - 07-23-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM