Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

I know you know what night vision is; I wasn’t doubting that – only whether you’d taken it in to consideration. Although, saying someone’s constructive criticism's not welcoming, is shooting yourself in the foot, isn’t it? There’s no way you’re going to improve if you just tell everyone with a less-than-positive opinion that they’re not welcome.

Onto the actual topic being discussed at the moment, I think you may have missed part of what I wrote (there were two separate posts):
(07-23-2014, 10:21 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: As I mentioned earlier, players probably won't use these matches. This is just from observing the general comments towards the matches in this thread. […] I totally understand the whole "we want to limit lighting" thing, but to have their matches be less useful than an already-there game mechanic is a little careless. […] I'm quite curious why he hasn't given a solid reason for using the matches over night-vision.
(07-23-2014, 08:40 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: (unless you have something where those details only show up when a match is being used).

Perhaps the matches, to you and your testers, appear to make a difference because you expect them to make a difference. You could always use two screenshots and compare the actual light values with an unbiased person (so someone who hasn’t read this thread or been told about the matches providing more/less light than their alternative), but I digress. You mentioned that they are playing a major role aside from being mini portable candles, which is what I was asking about. Honestly, most of this essay-writing could have been avoided by saying “the purpose of these matches isn’t just light; they’re going to be part of the game’s mechanics, too. I can’t elaborate more because it would spoil part of the game.”

I have another question though.
(07-26-2014, 08:00 PM)Wapez Wrote: we will take A LOT of opinions into consideration. As many as we can get a hold of, as soon as we release the demo. So until we actually get all these opinions, I do not want to promise anything to anyone, as I'm unsure of what the majority of the players will think
[…]
Onto the actual match-function again, if my explanations haven't been good enough yet, I'll say that both the sanity system and the night vision will have huge changes. This is not something we will implement until after beta, but it will happen.
Why not take some of this feedback in to consideration now? If you’re getting it this early, it would be better to mitigate the issues before releasing your demo/beta. That way, your demo can be a little more polished and you won’t have to hear the same issues being raised over and over – not doing this may risk missing other flaws in your game, because the testers were too focused on an issue you already knew about.

Also, this is extremely relevant.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 07:25 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by CarnivorousJelly - 07-26-2014, 09:29 PM