Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proposal about Full Conversion mod setup
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Proposal about Full Conversion mod setup

If I do end up making this app, I can see what you mean Tongue
Actually, instead of listing all CSs and mods in the app, it could just list the mods alone, since it will check if main_init.cfg exists and if not, exclude it. CSs can be launched from most mods too, although not recommended since the mod may have edited how the game works, which will affect it.

I did have a vision on how it could look and work. Perhaps I could include a feature where the list will include a description and icon for the mod, but only if the mod creator makes those resources available. If they're not present, this feature could just be ignored.

Oh, and if it has a feature to patch the resources.cfg file, then it could also add a /mods section, though I guess it would be unnecessary. I just liked the idea of it. /custom_stories could work the same.

Though making something like this might be a bit of a stretch for me as well, so I'm unsure if I'd be able to, but I could of course give it a go. It would certainly be good practise.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 11:42 PM by Mudbill.)
07-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal about Full Conversion mod setup - by Mudbill - 07-08-2014, 11:38 PM