The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?

I figured I'd ask about this here, because talking to computer-savvy gamers tends to save me a lot more time than being talked in circles by people on the Windows help forums.

I just got a new laptop to replace my current one, due to the fact that it's gone downhill quite fast, with my OS becoming corrupted, and then my hard drive suddenly developing problems. I'm now faced with an issue, though - how should I go about copying over the outrageous amount of files to the new one? I've never had to do this before, so I really don't know what I should do.

The problem is that there's so many of them. At least 20,000 in one folder alone. So I can't copy them over manually. And Windows Backup no longer works [it crashes the pc due to some mysterious file it can't read that I can't locate], so I can't do that, either.

Can anyone fill me in on the best way to go about this?

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
12-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 12-20-2014, 10:37 PM