The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help [SOLVED]Enemy does not follow pathnodes. Only aims for the end pathnode.
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
[SOLVED]Enemy does not follow pathnodes. Only aims for the end pathnode.

Hello.

I seem to have stumbled into something I don't understand.
If I add a pathnode to an enemy, that enemy should use other pathnodes to get to that pathnode right?

That's not what is happening on my screen.

Here you see I clearly added the pathnodes to my level. The nodes furthest to the right are the end nodes.
[Image: c575d20306.jpg]

Here you see what's happening in game. He's facing a wall. The fact that he tries to go through it, and the fact that the other enemies found their node implies that their end node is already added, but he doesn't follow the not-added nodes.
[Image: 70c6ddb43d.jpg]

Here is how I'm adding the nodes. (Though it shouldn't really matter).
PHP Code: (Select All)
for(int i=1;i<=3;i++)AddEnemyPatrolNode("RaceGrunt_"+i"PathNodeEnd_"+i0.0f""); 

I have messed with the animation multiplier, and the walking animation, and the walk speed of the grunt. All of those seem to work fine, and I don't think those are the cause.

Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015, 03:04 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
06-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED]Enemy does not follow pathnodes. Only aims for the end pathnode. - by FlawlessHappiness - 06-07-2015, 12:13 AM