Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

Certainly sneaky!

Thanks!

Going to make the next 5 days at least somewhat bearable Tongue

edit:

Awesome beginning messages. For so many years I have been thinking up ways to get my players prepared. Messages like this have always been in the forefront of my mind. Really sets the mood and alters the expectations of newbies that might not have any idea what it's about.

Menu is great too,

Some more criticisms - unspoiler worthy but just in case;

Spoiler below!

-Great use of movement control. I like how you can lean to upright yourself!
-FOV/image effects are cool
-I had to turn off image blur as it just makes it look really bad - hopefully that doesn't ruin the intended experience...
-Runs flawlessly on High with my PC, which is a few years old
-Hmm not sure if I like all the items being highlighted - edit: seems to only highlight within a certain distance. I guess that's alright. Undecided...
-Hmm x2 not sure I like how it auto adjusted my view to look at an objective item just then Sad
-Mouse feels really responsive
-Insanity effects are awesome - hello Call of Cthulhu!
-Physics really improved from Penumbra (hope full version takes advantage of them!)
-Really hates alt tabbing with XP. Can't use mouse.
-Water part, scary!
-SUPER IMMERSED

OK TIME TO PLAY!
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - by suibriel - 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM