Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

Well, I finished it. Actually I finished it over a week ago but my internet stopped working. Anyway..

Amnesia is truly outstanding! Frictional scared the stuffing out of me once again.
Spoiler below!
* I really like the sanity effects. Those cracking/creaking sounds when you´re in the dark are aggravating, but in a good way of course. Certainly raises my blood pressure. And the mild stress I feel when Daniel falls down on the floor crawling around helplessly.
* I notice that there is some randomness. I went into a a room and heard a scream, but on the second playthrough I heard Daniel say something instead.
* At first I thought the "Don´t-touch-the-floor" with the invisible monster was going to be really difficult and frustrating, but I held out and it wasn´t that bad really (I didn´t die.. in fact I didn´t get hurt at all... maybe I should change the difficulty).
* There wasn´t much physics interaction in the demo but I believe that there will be much more in the full version. There wasn´t much physics interaction in the Penumbra demos either.

Well, the full version is out, so I guess I´ll lay low untill I´ve gotten my hands on it.
09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - by spukrian - 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM