The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame Rate choppy with high end system
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago Frame Rate choppy with high end system

Q9550 @ 3.0
4 gigs ram
GTX 280
Win 7

I have tried disabling multiple features such as SSAO, and switching the quality from high to medium, and even low yet this still persists. I made certain this problem was exclusive to this game by going back and playing Border Lands, Batman Arkham Asylum, Penumbra on high settings with no problems.

If it weren't for the choppiness in the frame rate, id estimate its at 50-60. But as it is, there is a brief pause every second or so that makes Daniels movement jerky. Switching the preset graphic conditions to low removes this problem entirely, I assume its SSAO and smoothing, because those are on for medium and high presets. I am running latest versions of Nvidia drivers.

ALSO, despite having shadows enabled, I do not see any being cast on objects when there is a light source.
[Image: shadows.jpg]

Shouldnt this be able to run the game at medium or high presets?
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Frame Rate choppy with high end system - by PerfectBlue - 09-04-2010, 07:28 PM