Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashes upon entering specifically the Archives
Gert Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crashes upon entering specifically the Archives

(09-16-2010, 02:17 AM)Urkle Wrote: my guess is it's probably something with the 64bit build of angelscript and it's use of pthread that is causing the issue.. so I'm going to focus there.

After reading this I build a shared library of the latest version of angelscript (2.19.2), put it into lib64 and lo and behold, using
LD_PRELOAD=lib64/libangelscript-2.19.so ./Amnesia.bin64
I was able to load a save game that would otherwise crash the program. However, when I was doing "save and exit" I got another save game that would crash with this pre-load but not when pre-loading a shared build of angelscript-2.18.2. The save game resulting from the next save would then again load only with angelscript 2.19.2 pre-loaded. Crazy stuff.

Without preload Amnesia would always crash when loading one of these save games.
Hope that helps.
09-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crashes upon entering specifically the Archives - by Gert - 09-20-2010, 10:53 PM