Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I'd definitely like to see more horror from FG, since they've been creating the best horror on earth so far. I've got two kinds of reactions from other horror games after playing Amnesia and Penumbra:

1. They either feel too lame in general or 2. They lack the true fear and rely too much on dickmoves like sudden scares and I hate them so much, so_much. For example in Nightmare House, the creepy girl keeps suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and nothing else happens. That is so cheap and - after a couple of first jumpscares - it just makes me really irritated.

In FG's games there are exciting stories you want to know more about although you're scared to go forward. There's also characters you become more or less attached to, and they're normal people, have humane reactions of being scared and they're not soldiers with nerves of steel and who are trained to kill.

The atmosphere is truly frightening and it just won't go away even in places where nothing actually happens. And then ofc my favourite thing: you can't defend yourself. That's just brilliant. I simply can't be scared in games where you can blow your enemies to pieces with a bazooka. Plus being completely defenseless supports the illusion of being there as yourself and not just some fictional character you're controlling.

So, even if FG is going to do something else for a change I still hope they'd keep horror as their main genre. Since they totally know how to make it right. Cool

~
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM by Carrna.)
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by Carrna - 12-30-2011, 10:17 AM