Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
thrash242 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I want more horror. Frictional is about the only company that makes real survival horror games anymore--Resident Evil isn't survival horror anymore. Dead Space isn't. Dead Rising isn't. I guess there's the recent Siren game and now Amnesia and that's about it. Frictional seems to truly understand horror and have a passion for it. They realize that adding monsters and jump scares to an action game doesn't not make it survival horror.

As to the theme, I'd rather leave it up to Frictional and let them make what they want to make. They're obviously fans of Lovecraft, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next game continued that trend. I'm a Lovecraft fan also, so that'd be fine with me.Big Grin

That said, I do like space as a setting for horror. You can't get much isolated than space, plus, even in Lovecraft's stories, most of the entities are extraterrestrial. It's hard to get much more alien than...well, aliens. If anyone could do a Lovecraftian game set in space, It'd be Frictional.Heart
09-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by thrash242 - 09-10-2010, 04:56 AM