Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
wrath Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

(09-10-2010, 02:57 AM)Amnesia Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 02:49 AM)perpetualmind Wrote: id really like to see them do something in a sci-fi setting.
the puzzles and the way you can interact with the environment could be really awesome in like, a space ship or on a moon base or something.
Just imagine penumbra/amnesia style puzzles in zero gravity.

Ontop of that, id LOVE to see what kind of story they could come up with for a sci-fi.
And just imagine the capacity for horror, terrifying aliens chasing you in zero gravity!

plus they could make up loads of futuristic technology to make some REALLY cool puzzle elements!

haha yeah that would be really nice. Also lots of creativity space, different aliens, species, powers, etc. I would also like some bosses in fractional games, something you could defeat by solving a puzzle. For example a big water monster chases you than you have to trick it into getting caught in a net. After that you need to burn it with something while it is caught in the net. And you must do it 3 times, every time it gets smarter and harder to get it caught in the net. Something like that would be interesting. Dead Space Frictional Games version Big Grin

I'm pretty sure that's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Besides have you even played Amnesia? You remember the water monster right? You understand that it doesn't need a health bar, or a way to beat it to make it scarier, in fact I'd say that'd EASILY make it less so.

Anyway, if they were to do anything like a boss, for it to work I think you'd need to look at something like the Tentacle monster/boss from Half Life 1, where you didn't beat it so much as bathe it in the fire of a rocket engine above it, and you only need to do it once, because its not going to come back from that. Its not contrived, its pure Valve, and it might work for Frictional, but I don't even see then why you bought it up, because it is just a puzzle with a hostile element, that gets destroyed in a satisfying manner as a reward for completing the puzzle, which also allows for more progress. Its not a classic boss at all, and certainly not what you're talking about, maybe what you mean, but not what you say.

EDIT: All I want for christmas is another good Frictional horror game. I don't care about the setting, I don't care if its a sequel, or a prequel, or even a new IP. I think they'll stick with horror, and I'm quite OK with that. Also, in keeping on topic as per what I've been reading, they should totally make the next Halo game.

As a side note, I really wouldn't mind a proper sci-fi setting, it sounds geniunely intriguing. Thanks for suggesting it.
09-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by wrath - 09-12-2010, 07:40 PM