Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
perpetualmind Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I think the only way to really to get a unique horror setting would be to put it in a very crowded happy place, possibly some big event of some kind.
A ball or a party or even just the middle of a very crowded majour city.

The only problem there is how to get it to play as a horror game.

The idea of your character going crazy and seeing everyone around them as monsters of some kind could be interesting, police trying to catch you as your running around breaking into houses and such, but from the players perspective everything is crazy and horrible...
It would take a hello of alot of skill to pull something like that off though, and as much as i love Frictional i dont think they could manage something like that where they are now.
Infact i dont think ANYBODY could pull that off, it just seems too difficult in any medium.

I really cant think of a completely horror-free setup.

One thing i think could VASTLY improve Frictional's games would be improved character interactions.
More characters that talk to you and you see physically.
Say if they were to make a game where you started off at a work place, with your colleagues about you, then something happened that created the state of danger and you actually get to see the people about you being affected.

Frictionals games have allways relied on a sense on solitude.
It would be cool to see them make a horror where alot of the fear came out of the things happening to people around you aswell as things you experience.
Not only could the story be extremely interesting, it would open up a whole new set of tricks for them to use.

I love Frictionals games, and id really like to see them come up with something new that will really change the way we experience there games.
When we play penumbra of amnesia now we have a slight sense in comfort knowing the way the games play, feeling comfortable with the way the games progress.
if they were to come up with something new to change the way the game is experienced we wouldnt know what was coming.

this is all just ramblings by the way, not to be taken to seriously.
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by perpetualmind - 09-14-2010, 12:22 AM