Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
BulletInTheHart Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

(10-22-2010, 09:52 AM)BeefJerky Wrote: I would like to see more of the exact same thing, personally. I think what separates Frictional from terrible developers (which, IMO, is every other survival-horror developer) is their willingness to stick to a formula that emphasizes the helplessness of the character.

The minute Frictional posts a game ad boasting about their new firearms system and showing some monster's brains splattered against a wall is the minute I stop buying Frictional games. Don't branch out and stick to the formula. I bought Black Plague and Amnesia immediately after playing Overture, and I'll keep buying as long as I can look forward to more of the same.

If I were Frictional and were looking for something fresh and exciting to do from a developer standpoint, it would be more research into what actually scares people and implementing it. Although the scares are numerous and varied thus far, there is much more that can be done from an audio and visual standpoint (I plan on posting some of my ideas at a later time).

To sum: stick to your guns and keep delivering the scares, because, as I see it, the niche you want to aim for is the premiere developer of actually frightening games. I think with just a little more perseverance and continual leveraging of your relationship with Steam you could see some serious returns on your future investments.

Leave the tired, old guns-a-blazin' kiddie games to the big developers, please.

I agree. I think possibly throwing in a few different elements into games to experiment and see peoples reactions even in just like a tech demo. But by no means should they ever do a 'shooter' stick to scaring people in an immersive realistic environment.

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by BulletInTheHart - 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM