Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I couldn't imagine a Frictional game without the physics interaction. Catering to consoles on that end is a challenge on its own...
As a simple solution, I might think of having Goldeneye-style movement with the left thumbstick, and move an onscreen cursor with the other. It would then "home in" when it's close to an object, whereas you can tap one of the trigger buttons to pick it up. The cursor would then change to a gripped fist, to indicate it's in your hand. If you lose control of it some way (pulling it through a small opening) then that first goes away.

One thing I might like to see in the next Frictional game is a very real and common horror. Rather than monsters carved up from some wicked magician or alien, have an entire level where you are on your own, being chased by a sadistic, half-crazy man carrying a gun. There would be multiple ways to take this sort of thing, but one idea is having him completely furious 100% of the time; you constantly hear his fuming breath, and he's constantly screaming horrible curses at you, yelling "WHERE ARE YOU, YOU ****?"

It would be a different fear from the Amnesia monsters, but being something even more real - something possible in real life - could make it that much more disturbing.
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by PvtLastClass - 12-06-2010, 09:45 PM