Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I would like to see a game which sticks to their horror roots and style, the player still of little defense and the atmosphere dark.

this is the game ive always wanted to experience - A medieval like dimension where you play as a sort of sheltered young adult whome only recently became a knight by bloodline,he has a short sword tho the combat would be simple, no flashy combos or special moves, just a downword, sideways, stabbing attack and wonky block. nearly every encounter would be a near impossible fight to win and your blade would be more of a fend off, or last resort try for survival type weapon. I wouldn't want the story to be to explained, to many games now adays feel they have to root everything in reality and create this intricate back story as to why and how.

Have a story but don't show us the edges of it. Perhaps have the player setting out on a quest in a fantasy world to find some magic Item or to save a princess or something drowned in "the classic fantasy" framing. He would travel to a marshland or some kinda mire or church or something and begin exploring and uncovering the unknown monstrosity of the still largely unexplored world. Mainly anthropomorphic creatures but some would be alien and abysmal, more of shapes that idiotically eat, moan and defly lurk then actual creatures.
If you got the art design right and were able to paint the world out well enough for the player I think It would be a good adventure and testing horror experience. imagine fumbling through a bysmal marsh and archaic church courtyard with a sword which probably wont help you and perhaps some kind of magic orb of light on a staff or in your hand to light the way.
I would poo
12-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by Alex7754 - 12-07-2010, 02:46 AM