Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Sebastian Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

-My feelings towards Daniel shifted around a lot as I progressed through the story, especially towards the end. For a while I felt sympathetic towards Daniel but as I made it closer and closer to the Inner Sanctum and more of the truth behind the whole matter was revealed I began to see him less of a victim. True, Alexander manipulated him to some degree, but to me Daniel is selfish and cowardly, although I am not chastising him for being so, I find it most human honestly. I found his actions, or at least the motivation behind them, not the specific actions themselves, to be human and realistic and his guilt about them only added to it. I quite liked him.

-I'm not too sure how I feel about Alexander. For much of the early game he appeared to be an alright guy from what I could gather, if a little extreme in his actions. The point where I really sympathized with him, though, was finding the diary entry that discussed his lost love. To me this made him very much an antivillian. He wanted to banish the shadow of the orbs and be reunited with his love using it's power. A noble cause although what was needed to do so was ghastly to say the least. I found that he may have felt bad about all that he was doing but he believed it was for the greater good (banishing the shadow and all) making him a little misguided, and after centuries of it he became jaded to it altogether. It wasn't until I was actually in the orb room did he come off as being evil. A change that I didn't care for too much. Overall I didn't like nor dislike him although I did respect him.

-I don't really know what to think of Agrippa. His existence was a sad one and I felt it only right to help him out. He was nice and likable enough. I figured after being the way he was for as long as he was he grew to accept that that was just the way things were and because of that he was able to maintain a relatively cherry disposition. I never questioned whether or not he was a good guy, to me he just appeared as the right guy who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. At the end of it all I like him.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

-My first ending was Agrippa's ending. I knew that he wanted me to wait until the portal was open before doing anything so I waited until it was open and then I tossed him in. It was very much a choice.

3) How did you like the ending?

-I really enjoyed the ending although I was disappointed by how short it was and it didn't really elaborate too much on what became of Daniel which to me is something that is just calling for a sequel or at least an expansion.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

-I got the two other endings and aside from the Agrippa ending the revenge ending was my favourite. My motivation for seeing them was curiosity. I didn't have an issue figuring out what I was supposed to do at the end, although that was a result unmarked spoilers so I knew what had to be done to get each ending. Still though, some extra commentary from either Alexander or Agrippa would've been nice in those last moments.
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Sebastian - 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM