Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Daniel...I don't know what I thought about him. His sense of morality was obviously twisted by Alexander, and for that reason, he deserves some sympathy. That said, he still commited acts of murder on people, and for that reason, he deserves punishment.

Overall, I am ambivalent. He fell sway to his primal instincts, finding himself in the corner with a predator closing him on him. He fought back, in any way he could, like any animal would do. He's a cold-blooded killer, but considering the circumstances, can we blame him? How would any of us react to an intangible predator?

Alexander...I pity him. Fueled with anger at his peers and mentors, he was consumed by all that he had lost seeking the knowledge of the orb. I felt sad for him, actually, and had to remind myself of all the horrible things he had, to both Daniel and to his peers. His charisma made him hard to hate.

Agrippa...I can't, at the moment, remember too much about Agrippa's role in the story. Whether he was a villain as heinous as Alexander or not, I pitied his years trapped in the torture chambers.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I received the "good" ending. I noticed that the pillars were collapsible, but found myself unable to push them over the first time for some reason. I grabbed them and walked, but they just would not push over. Then, when the portal opened, I remembered Agrippa's words and threw the head into the portal.

3) How did you like the ending?

It felt a little...disappointing, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing or not. It leaves Daniel's fate up in the air (sorta), telling you only that Daniel would be, at least, watched over by Weyer and Agrippa. Thinking of it now, does Daniel deserve this good fortune, after all of the things he did to people? Or does Daniel's amnesia truly grant him such fortune, as he is a truly different person?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I did, I reloaded the orb chamber twice and replayed it, getting the different endings each time. I'm not sure which one is my favorite...they are all about on the same level.

My motivation, I confess, was to unlock the whole password for the Super Secret.

09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by graykin - 09-13-2010, 07:06 PM