Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
ray Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Here are my thoughts:

1) Daniel: I was horrified by Daniel's torturing and kidnapping. However, I didn't feel personally responsible for them. I guess I considered the amnesia to wipe the slate clean, but to still leave some responsibility to the amnesiac to clean up the messes left by his past self. Incidentally, I felt the same way about this theme when I played Planescape: Torment - responsible, but not guilty.
Alexander: I gathered from the clues in the game that he was from another world in a Lovecraftish cosmology, and trying to return via the gate. I mainly regarded him as evil, but he seemed to sincerely refer to Daniel as a friend. It's easier to explain (and thereby possibly forgive) Daniel's descent into kidnapping and torture than Alexander's, and Daniel didn't keep on doing it for centuries. Despite all this, I had some sympathy for him.
Agrippa: I didn't quite trust Agrippa because of one of Alexander's cylinders where he mentions leaving Daniel for the Shadow as being the same sort of thing that Agrippa did to him. However, this didn't influence my actions toward him. Furthermore, by the time I entered the Orb Room I was already carrying his severed head with me, and had promised to get him through the gate, so I intended to do that.

2) I got the Agrippa ending (throwing his head through the gate). I actually knocked down the first pylon, and worried that this might prevent the gate from opening (and even tried to set it back up again!) Alexander didn't seem too distraught, however, so I waited for the gate to open. I was aware that there were multiple endings, but I didn't try for anything special and just did what seemed natural.

3) It was pretty short and abrupt, but I got the sense that Daniel was safe.

4) I plan to go back and get the others so I can experience them firsthand instead of hearing about them secondhand. After this, I plan to replay with commentary on, so I have a good bit of time left with this game.
09-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by ray - 09-13-2010, 08:41 PM