Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
serotonin Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

I tossed Agrippa's head into the portal when I realized going in myself (with Agrippa) wasn't an option, and thus got that ending.

I also realized as a matter of course that I shouldn't push the pedestals over, since it was clear they were needed to open the portal. Making sure Agrippa got in there first was my primary goal, and, of course, that ended up determining what ending I received.

As for my motivations, as the player-character...

At that point in the story, playing as present-self Daniel and realizing what evils and self-delusions former-self Daniel was guilty of, I no longer cared all that much about Alexander -- he had ceased to be the focus of my player-character's angst. Sure, Alexander was obviously amoral and monstrous in his destructive use of human life, but at that point I was chiefly concerned with Daniel's own guilt.

As such, granting Agrippa salvation was what I wanted to most make sure I achieved, as a small means of atonement for the horrors Daniel had done. That was a higher priority than destroying Alexander, and if it meant Daniel would forgo the opportunity to save himself, so be it.

But just to clarify... if there had been an ending in which Daniel could have deliberately sent Agrippa into the portal, then deliberately destroyed Alexander, and then saved himself from the Shadow, in that order of precedence, I would have taken it. But I was prepared to accept less than that, according to my priorities.
09-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by serotonin - 09-16-2010, 08:43 AM