Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

"1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa?"

I felt pity for Daniel, but he's a grown man and should know the difference between right and wrong. I suppose if you're going to die by something quantifiable, like say, a bullet to the brain, then you can say, 'right, I am/am not prepared to die that way', but the shadow is something completely unknown, and who knows if being consumed by it necessarily would have meant death, maybe a worse fate would have been in store, and ultimately, it was not death as such that Daniel was trying to day, but his entry into the unknown. I hope that made sense!

I mean, if somebody said to you, 'right, you must kill 20 innocent people to stop this axe-murderer from killing you', then you can say 'no, I'd rather die than cause the death of those innocents', but if that same person said to you 'right, you must kill 20 innocent people to stop the shadow from devouring you', then you might not be so quick to sacrifice yourself. You'd want to know what being devoured by the shadow would actually mean.

These feeling are probably what drove Daniel. The fear of the unknown.

Alexander was just an evil bastard. The very best thing I could say about him was that he was amoral. But finding out what he did to the animals made me want to kill him.

I'm still not quite sure what Agripa's role was, but I did as he wanted and made the tonic for him, just to end his suffering in the torture area.

"2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?"

The first ending I got was being devoured by the shadow, because at first I was too stupid to work out how to escape from the prison cell. In the end, I used the hammer and chisel, but I'd love to know how other people did it.

When I got to the orb room, stupidity was once again my undoing and I had another terrible appointment with the creeping shadow!

Next, I got the ending with Agripa's head. I didn't really know what else to do until I noticed my hand icon over the portal. Out of what I was carrying, the head seemed to be the most significant.

Lastly I saw the hand icons over the pylons, so tipping them over was an obvious move from there.

"3) How did you like the ending?"

The revenge ending I think made the most sense. The bad ending in the orb room was a bit lame because I'd already experienced it in the cell. The ending with Agripa was short, but interesting. Out of the Agripa ending and the ending where I knocked over the pylons, I'm not quite sure which one is supposed to be the 'good' ending.

"4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?"

Oh well, I've pretty much answered this one. I just reloaded the orb room so I could see the ending with Agripa's head and then again for the ending in which I had to knock over the pylons.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Bulbatron - 09-19-2010, 08:55 AM