Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
hollodri Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

I hastily made another thread about the ending, should have searched for this one first, sorry.

I found the ending, namely the last 2 or 3 minutes, to be deeply underwhelming compared to the rest of the game. The puzzle was boring (although I didn't really need a puzzle at all for the ending), the setup felt too close to the "end boss" cliche which doesn't really fit Amnesia's otherwise more open design and there were so many more atmospheric scenes in the game that IMO would have made a more memorable finale. I would have loved to be able to tell people: "Just wait for the ending! You will shit your pants!" But unfortunately, I can't. Whenever the "energy beams" and floating evil guys show up in a computer game I kinda feel like the designers ran out of ideas...

I also think that the 3 endings, while a nice touch and good blurb for reviews/feature-lists ("Over 3 different endings!!!11") weren't really necessary. I would have settled for *one* really disturbing ending that keeps me thinking and not able to sleep for a few days. It wasn't motivation enough to play through the game once more (all the important choices are only made in the last level, anyway), so, in the age of YouTube, I have to admit: I googled the other 2 after finishing with the "revenge" one. Much bigger motivation: The Valve-style developer commentaries. Like the commentary track on DVDs, they're really interesting and I'm already halfway through on my second run with commentaries on.
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by hollodri - 10-13-2010, 02:36 PM