Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Sarakyel Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Daniel: Formerly a scientist whose curiosity led to being chased by an unknown entity. The fear and despair of being killed by this thing made him believe into some kind of occult magic, turning him into an ideal muppet for Alexander. When he finally realized how horrible were the things he had been doing, he did his best to make sure Alexander would not keep doing his soulless experiences. In the end, Daniel knows far too much and experienced far too many things to get back to a normal life. His only option should be to sacrifice himself in a way or another.

Alexander: Formerly a scientist who lost his mind after his wife's death, he started to get interested in occult magic with the only idea of bringing her back in mind. He lost his humanity as he gained in power and occult knowledge, and his obsession brought him way too far in monstrosity. He surely deserves to die.

Agrippa: Former Alexander's occult mentor, he spent quite of a long time trapped in an almost dead body by his apprentice. I don't know much more about him: he might be there for a good reason, or he may just be another Alexander's victim. Anyway, I don't really care: someone who spent such a long time in a confined space must be crazy. I can't trust him nor help him.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

I got the ending with Alexander getting through the portal, and it was not a choice at all.

When I entered the Orb room, I first searched it and found nothing. Then I took a look at the center pillar and saw it could fall: I tried to pull & push it, without success. Then I tried to use various items on it (with no more success of course). After a while, the portal started to appear: I tried to use Agrippa's head on it, but I got a message telling me the portal was not ready yet. I thought I had to wait for a special event before using anything, and just listened to Alexander's speech. When he finally stopped talking, I died because of giant pieces of meat spawning everywhere in the room, then the screen faded to black and Alexander thanked me (Daniel). Credits unexpectedly started scrolling.

3) How did you like the ending?

Not much. The fact is: I didn't know exactly what I helped Alexander to achieve, and I only felt like I missed a few pieces of the puzzle. Which I believe is the case when I read this forum (Alexander is not human!? Where the hell do you learn this? And where exactly is explained what will happen to him (or Agrippa) after getting through the portal?)

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I felt frustrated with the first ending I got, so I reloaded the orb chamber several times to experience all endings myself. I found how to save Agrippa (was just a timing issue), which is the ending I preferred: Alexander dies and Daniel, although he doesn't die, lies beyond life and death.

However, I had to take a look at a walkthrough to understand how to push over the pillars (and even when I knew I could, I really spent a hard time trying to) and getting the "revenge" end, which really feels weird to me, probably because this is the one that felt the more "videogamy" (woohoo, I accomplished all my objectives and know I can get back to my daily life) and the less Lovecraftian. Wink
10-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Sarakyel - 10-23-2010, 02:01 AM