Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Culinus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Daniel - Up until the point were we find out that Daniel has done some pretty nasty things (sure it's hinted a bit here and there, but I mean when we find out for certain in his diaries) I found him to be really dull, dumb and cowardly. When his "fall from grace" is explained I still think he's a dumb coward, but at least now he is a little bit more interesting. In a way his characteristics are fitting for the playable character in a horror game, but I still think I would have liked him a lot more if he was just a little bit more intelligent and philosophical. There's just something about him that makes him feel so... naive.

Alexander - Definitely the most interesting character of the game, then again competition wasn't stiff. I'm having difficulty placing him on the goodness scale. He sure isn't any saint, but his intentions are very unclear, and that's no bad critique. I love the fact that he didn't leave a note in every room explaining his grand master plan to rule the world (or rather escape it...), I find it very good for the story that he is left somewhat in the dark. It feels like his intentions are greater then we could possibly imagine, but it's still probably a good idea to stop him.

Agrippa - Like just about every poster before me has already asked; who the hell is this guy? He has the potential to be a very interesting character, but somehow it's almost like he was a last minute addition to the game. Should I save him? I dunno. Should I leave him here to die? Hell no, not after the time I've spent making this damn elixir. I feel more attachment to the average prisoner / torture victim in the flashbacks.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

First time I ran around the room trying everything, tipping the pillars (without success), touching the fire, jumping on things and running out of ideas. When the portal opened I tried to toss in the head but it said it wasn't ready yet. So I stopped, listened to Alexander do his RP thing and then everything went to hell and I believe I lost the game.

Watched the credits roll and think to myself that this can't be right. I reentered the game and tried it again. It was very clear that you were supposed to be able to tip over the pillars, but I was to incompetent to succeed with it. So I soccer kicked Agrippas head in the portal and got that ending. I later watched a video of someone slightly less incompetent then me to get the final ending.

3) How did you like the ending?

I guess I'd rate them as "okey". Nothing special, kinda flat. Would have been nice with some more depth.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I would really rate all three as pretty equal.
11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Culinus - 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM