Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Bourlingueur Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I can't say I had a whole lot of esteem for Daniel. I wouldn't say I despised him, though. I knew he was trying to redeem himself, but considering what he'd done in that castle, I wasn't sure I really wanted to allow him to live any longer. By letting him die, I was at least granting its victims some kind of revenge, and allowing Alexander to accomplish his goal, which was legitimate in its own twisted way (Alexander wanted to go back to his realm with his lover; Daniel just wanted to survive, even if it meant killing innocents in the process).

Alexander was probably the only character who knew what he was doing, in my opinion. Even Agrippa didn't really have any clear reasons for going through that portal. I couldn't get to like him, though. The methods he used to get what he wanted did not deserve any kind of pity from me.

As for Agrippa, my feelings were ambiguous. He was the only friendly presence in the whole game and it really felt like he wanted to help you. But what were his reasons for going through that portal? Why did his student Weyer cross the portal and deny Alexander passage, even though he was the one who prepared the ritual and had the best reason for going through? In spite of this, he was my favorite character of the three.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

Agrippa was the only character whom I felt deserved to be saved. Therefore I went for Agrippa's ending. I almost knocked all three pillars over because it was taking so long to get that portal opened, but I managed to wait just enough to get it opened and throw Agrippa's head in it.

3) How did you like the ending?

Too short! After all I went through, I would have liked to see a more elaborate ending. It did, however, give me the feeling that I'd done something right and that maybe I could attain redemption after all.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I reloaded my saved game to watch all endings, because I was a bit disppointed by the first one I got. The revenge ending was even more disappointing because I felt I'd let Agrippa down and that simply walking away from the castle would not make up for the thing's I'd done. Alexander's ending, however, was definitely my favorite. Hearing your past victims scream while you are slowly killed by the shadow really made you feel that you got what you deserved. The problem of the endings' lenght remains, though: I would have liked to see longer, more elaborate scenes to conclude what I found to be a very interesting and immersive story.

All in all, I really enjoyed playing this game. Now that that's done, I'm planning to buy the Penumbra series in a near future so I can relive the ``Frictional Games`` survival horror experience. :p
11-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Bourlingueur - 11-24-2010, 10:12 PM