Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.
Daniel, I sort of split. There have definitely been games where memory loss brought up a certain "rebirth" of someone. I won't spoil it, but a certain star wars game brought you from a sith lord to a defender of the galaxy. Daniel from before the amnesia drink, I really would have condemned. I understand it was coming to the point where only his own death would have truly ended things, but even I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life knowing I was that kind of person.
Daniel AFTER the drink is just "you" - the player. You now have a fresh slate on which you might do some good in the world. I certainly wouldn't condemn Gordon Freeman, the Doom guy, or anyone like that, so I think it's fair for him to walk out at that point.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?
I couldn't quite remember what Agrippa asked me to do with his head, and didn't want to wait around in the orb chamber, so I just pushed them over.

3) How did you like the ending?
It was satisfying. It brought a sense of closure to a degree, and sort of acknowledged all that had happened. In a way, I think one more surprise (NICE surprise, not EVIL surprise) or throwback might have been good.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?
I did see the other endings on YouTube. The so-called "best" ending with Agrippa might have felt a bit more rewarding if there were more dialogue, or more to show. Generally, it's felt that the longer ending is the better one.
I couldn't quite see how the ending where Alexander wins is really an "ending" at all - sort of just a nonstandard game over. If the player really felt that Daniel was a heartless bastard, he could have just tossed himself at a Mr. Friendly.
11-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by PvtLastClass - 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM