Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
IsenMike Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I thought Daniel was something of a monster. That he blamed his own evil deeds on Alexander seemed delusional and self-important; I really didn't feel like he was entitled to any "revenge."

Alexander also seemed pretty nasty, but in an odd way seemed not nearly as bad as Daniel. The story had seemed to imply that Alexander wasn't human, but was some sort of other-dimensional being; that he had little empathy for the humans he tortured is, on some level, more forgivable, particularly given the hints about some nobler purpose and lost love.

Agrippa seemed to be very amiable, good-natured, and helpful. Speaking with him was a bit of light-heartedness amidst an otherwise dark and terrifying experience. Given the tone and themes of the game, though, I was very suspicious; he seemed "too good to be true" and I was wary of him somehow double-crossing me.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

At first I got the "revenge" ending. I didn't realize I was making a choice; knocking over the orbs seemed to be the only interaction available to me.

3) How did you like the ending?

I felt Daniel was let off the hook too easily for the selfish atrocities he'd committed.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

When knocking over the orbs ended the game, I realized that I hadn't done anything with Agrippa's head, so I figured there must have been other options in the Orb Room. I reloaded twice and got both other endings.

Though I had qualms with the "revenge" ending (see above), I did think it was the most satisfying. The other two were very vague, and I was disappointed that neither one really explained what was going on with Alexander and his lost love. The last few sections of the game seemed to be leading to a reversal, with Alexander looking less evil, his actions perhaps more justified, and Daniel looking more evil, his actions more selfish and thoughtless. It would have been nice to have one of the endings really pay off on that twist.
02-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by IsenMike - 02-22-2011, 04:19 AM